Proper care and maintenance of your freezer will not only improve efficiency and performance, but will save energy dollars, and help your food contents to last longer.
Location of Your Freezer
Placing your freezer directly near a heat source like a stove, outside or in the garage in warm climates, or where the sun will shine directly on it, will cause it to work harder than it needs to - which in turn raises your energy costs. Find a cool, level and dry space, (basements work great) with adequate clearance at the back for good air circulation, and room overhead or to the side to open the freezer door.
Freezer Care & Maintenance
- Each door of your refrigerator has a molded rubber gasket to keep the cold in and the heat out. When this gasket gets old and brittle, it leaks and you will need to replace it. Click here for many different Freezer Door Gaskets
- Check the seal of your freezer to ensure proper sealing.
- Defrost and clean the freezer regularly. Ice build-up will lower it's efficiency.
- Safeguard your small children by keeping freezers locked. Get a new Freezer Lock, here
- Vacuum any exposed condensor coils regularly to ensure proper air circulation.
- Keep temperature constant in your freezer to keep food from spoiling.
- Label and date food contents for quick retrieval, and ensure that foods are properly rotated.
Consult your Freezer owner's manual for specific care guidelines.
Labels: freezer parts